Hi list...

I have been using XMail for a while now, and have been struggling with
relaying problems.

I migrated from MDaemon, and they relay messages if they are either TO or
FROM a local domain.  XMail is different - it only relays a message if it is
TO a local domain, but not if it's FROM a local domain.

The attached patch changes the way XMail checks to see if a message can be
relayed by checking if either the FROM domain or the TO domain is local.  It
is to be applied against SMTPSvr.cpp

I think this makes life much easier for the administrator, as clients don't
have to have SMTP authentication turned on, and the administrator doesn't
have to keep track of client IP addresses.  I have checked this patch with 3
different open relay testing engines, and none of them reported any
problems.

Davide - what do you think of this patch?  Can you see any security
problems?  I realize that it could be implemented a lot better, but do you
think it could be included in your release?

Regards,

Matt Parlane
Zevi Interactive

-- Type: application/octet-stream