IMHO some of the best advantages with IMAP is the support for personal =
mail folders and shared mail folders. One other thing is that it's =
possible to download all message headers from the server and you can =
delete mail from the server after reading this header informaition =
(from, to, subject, etc..) without the need of downloading the whole =
mail (nice if you have a slow internet connection and receive big =
unwanted mail).

Lars