Shawn Anderson wrote:

>       I am not sure why, but recently Xmail 1.10 (Win32) and 1.11
> (Win32) is taking about 16 seconds from the point were a socket
> connection is established to port 25 or 110 before the banner is
> displayed.  Can you think of anything that I can look for?  If you want,
> I'll give you and IP address to telnet into to watch the behavior.
> Otherwise any thoughts are welcome :) One additional note, this behavior
> is occurring even if the server has no activity going on, and I have
> cleared out all the frozen messages just in case that was the cause.

Is there a firewall running on that box ? I have seen similar behaviour
on a Windows box at our company with Norton Firewall on it. When that is
disabled all is fine (That was with 1.10, don't know how it goes with 1.11)

--
Groeten,
Peter

--
Shit!!

---
--- Heb je een Sony Digital video camera ?
--- Kijk eens op http://www.dvin.org
--- Kijk ook op http://www.lindeman.org
--- ICQ 22383596
--- Uptime lindeman.org : 6 days, 19 hours and 34 minutes, 5 users
logged in.