From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of John Kielkopf
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 5:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: More questions on SMTP-RDNSCheck

If you run DNS on your own box you can have a classless reverse lookup
zone
delegated to your server by your ISP or bandwidth provider. (see:
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/rfc/rfc2317.html for more info.) If your ISP is
not
willing to do this (some just don't know how, or don't know it's
possible),
then you can ask them to create the pointer record on their DNS server.

I've run into many servers that will reject mail if your SMTP server's
IP
address doesn't have a valid pointer record.  Just as your domain should
have at least one valid MX record, you also need to make sure the IP
address
your SMTP server uses has a valid pointer record.