Hello,

anyone knows what the footprint of XMail is? I am interested in
installing
it about 20-30 times on a server box (each will run on its own IP,
config,
directory etc) and I am wondering what the impact will be on the server.
run Linux, RH 7.3

Almost every instance of the server will be barely used (mainly idle) so
am wondering how it is possible to start as little threads as possible
(even
starting from xinetd if possible as well). Apache has this functionality
on
"spareservers, minservers and maxservers" directives.

Also, how can I stop the finger daemon? It doesn't say so in the manuals
(or
couldn't find it there or in the forum).

What I am interested in mainly is to have as minimum resources for this
as
possible. I tried minimizing the threads but noticed that this has impact
on
the active (simultaneous) SMTP/POP connections (ie I don't think it
forked
new threads for new connections or my settings were wrong).

I am a new XMail user but I think (without having performed any stress
tests) that it's a nice smtp/pop alternative. If I manage the footprint I
think that the admin features and ease of administrating it (after a day
of
reading the manual which I already spent) are very good.

Thanks,

Nick