I didn't mention that the existing email server is Novell's Groupwise.  The
users don't have control over the outgoing smtp server to send email.  I was
thinking of GroupWise using xmail as a smart host, to drop all outgoing
mail, Xmail have the smarts to look at the source email address via a
mailproc perhaps and if it is not one of the priority users, then send the
mail, or if it is from one of the priority users then relay it to another
smtp relay (doesn't have to be xmail).

If It can't be done at the application layer, perhaps it can be done at the
file level.

Davide, if a mailrpoc was to identify an email to be relayed, could it copy
the email file to the input queue of another xmail server and return an
exitcode that effectively blocks or deletes the email on xmail server one.
The second Xmail server reads the in queue and sends it out.

In theory would this work ??
What dir could I drop a properly formatted file into?

Rob  :-)