| What we need is a .NET assembly or XML Webservice that offers
| an easy-to-use
| interface to all of the CTRL functions and common tasks (eg. user
| management, change password, list domains, etc...)

My original intent was to create web service, that can be used remotely,
instead of connecting remotely directly to 6017, which may be blocked by
firewall, etc.

Now I think that the .NET assembly would be better for performance reasons.

| Now I'm ready for the next big thing, an XMail WebMail
| Interface, fully
| written in ASP.NET.  I'm working every day on it since last week, and
| already have the core functionality running, that is, listing
| and displaying
| the mailbox contents, and messages, even fully formatted html
| messages.
| This all in an outlook-style interface, very user friendly.
| Now I see your message on this list about your upcoming
| WAI.NET, and the
| fact that it won't contain a webmail client.  No problem thus, because
| that's exactly what I am working on at the moment!

Excellent, we can join it together.

| But of course, the foundation of it all is a solid .NET
| implementation of
| the CtrlClnt, so can you please e-mail or point me to a URL
| where I can
| download the code you've already written, so I can see
| whether and where I
| can help, and give suggestions in an early stage.

Some my .NET XMail files you can download at
http://www.dev.altaircom.net/files/xmail/:

ctrldemo.zip - simple proof-of-concept app to communicate with xmail
XMail-CTRL.zip - AltairCommunications.XMail.CTRL class, encapsulating
communication with xmail
XMail-CTRL-Test.zip - test application using the XMail-CTRL

-- Michal 'Altair' Valasek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*** New project: http://weblog.rider.cz ***

   I've been wrestling with reality most of my life.
   I'm pleased to say I've won.