I'm not sure if you can already do this in Xmail, but here's my situation:

On one of my XMail mail servers, I'm hosting an internal mailing list of around 30,000
customers. They get emailed around twice a month.
When an email is sent to that list, about 30,000 messages are queued for SMTP
transmission. And it takes around 16-20 hours to send all that,
especially since a good portion of these users are in different countries from us and
some over slower links.

During that time, new (regular daily SMTP transactions including internal company SMTP
email) mail is sitting in the queue, behind those
30,000 messages.

So here's my question: is there a way to "prioritize" the queue, such that mailing
list traffic is considered at a lower
priority? Basically, what I'd like to see happen is something like "for every 100 low
priority SMTP messages I send, I send 1 high priority one".
That way, if I send an email that is a non-ML SMTP transaction, then it goes out after
100 ML transactions are processed.

Any ideas? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks!