> ex.
> foobar.com mailserver
> MailRoot/domains/foobar.com  -  foobar.com would be a shortcut named
> "foobar.com" to \\remote-name\foobar.com or
> \\remote-name\some-share\foobar.com
>
> its not nessary to map the drive.
>
> I can't say this will definetly work as I've never tried it, but
> I don't see
> any reason why it wouldn't.

I see a reason it wouldn't work. Usually you have the xmail service running
using the LocalMachine internal user. It by default has no access to network
mapped drives. If you have the LocalMachine user access foreign shares it
will most certainly - but not 100% sure - have credential conflicts. And
just to specify: This is the normal behaviour of a NT+ OS. I have no idea
how share securities are handled in win9x.

Loris