Hi Davide,

        Unfortunately, even that I like the functionality of UW-IMAP the
slogan: "providing remote root for 10yrs !!!" it seem to apply to
UW-IMAP also :(.

        Now there is one important issue to integrate an external IMAP server
over xmailserver:

        What kind of storage format is suitable for the mail spool, the default
one is compatible with something ( the default config with 3 dirs/user
is some kind of a standard ???). What happens when server operates over
the existing mailbox files simultaneously with IMAP server, there is
some kind of locking mechanism ??

        Is better to grab messages as they come and put them in seaparate IMAP
friendly folders ???

        Any educated opinions MUCH wellcome, IMAP is the single thing that is
missing from xmail to become THE mailsever.

        Mircea C.