Hi,

Assuming that I have a contentfilter script that filters all messages to
my site to block some SPAM and that filter has 2000 lines (phrases, words,
urls, etc) in its defition file. I would like to know how many memory
XMail will spend to use this filter together another filter by user?

Example: The user will have a own definition file with yours own phrases,
words, urls, e-mail address, etc, that will be executed after my default
contentfilter.

The message will pass through 2 filters: the default site filter and the
users defined filter.

I have two options to do it:
1 - the contentfilter script will be the same but the default definition
file will be appended with the users definition file. In this case, I
will have just a line in filters.in.tab that calls contentfilter script
that read default definition file and then append it with user definition
file.
2 - the contentfilter script will be executed 2 times, one to filter the
message using the default definition file and other to filter the message
using the user definition file. In this case, I will have a line in
filters.in.tab that calls default contentfilter to my site and one to
each users that will use contentfilter to call contentfilter script using
the user definition file.

Assuming that I have a default definition file with 2000 lines, a site
with 1000 e-mail accounts, a traffic about 3000-5000 e-mails a day and
the user will be able to create a definition with N lines.

You can see some problem to do it?
Which case will spend more memory?

I think the first case is a good idea.

Até mais,

---
Vitor Renato Alves de Brito - System Manager
Arte Final Provedor Internet - http://www.artefinal.com.br
Alfenas/Lavras - Sul de Minas Gerais