Hello Davide,

This weekend my server somehow managed to lose the directory
pop3linklocks. A month before one of my providers changed mailhosts.
Two months ago I forgot to poplinkenable some accounts after
a journey. In any case for quite a long time there was no
syncing with external mailboxes but also no clue that something
was going wrong.

The point with poplink failures is, they are easy to solve
but it sometimes takes days before you even notice there is
a problem.

So maybe a poplink logging feature would be adaequate, which
would note connection attempts and the sync status (internal
errors, dns errors, connection errors: timeout, refuse,
authentication errors, and maybe number of mails fetched
on success).

viele Gruesse
Thomas Berger