Hello Davide,

unfortunately after the update to 1.16pre01 and reactivating
the CheckMailerDomain-feature our customers are crying again,
that they get the esmtp timeout.

disabling CheckMailerDomain solves the problem for the moment,
but shouldn't this be fixed with 1.16pre01?

>From looking at your code (SMTPUtils.cpp ll 2000-2020) I can
see that you have changed the order of the checks: First
the MX-Check, then - if MX-Check fails - the A-Check.

Is it possible, that the MX-Check itself causes the timeout?

We are running bind as nameserver for these domains on the
same machine, so there should not be such a timeout.

Do you have any idea?

Tracing it with a packet sniffer gives the same results
as before: It hangs after MAIL FROM is issued by the client.

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)