From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Davide Libenzi
Sent: 07 July 2003 15:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: Hung email

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, [iso-8859-1] S=F6nke Ruempler wrote:

> > I have an email which has come through spamassassin then blocked up
> > the mailbox that I couldn't retrieve any email from it through POP3.

> > Davide, do you want me to send you a copy of the email in a zip
> > file?
>
> the problem is that SA does no \r\n line termination, but \n line
> termination. your middleware between XMail and SA has to "fix" the
> line termination to \r\n.

XMail handle both \r\n and \n w/out any problem. The problem eventually
are remote mail servers and clients. For messages entering through SMTP
there is no problem since XMail do add the correct \r\n line termination
since it reads line by line. For messages entering though spool/local it
does not, so if the message has a wrong line termination (\n) it'll
remain as is. Here the problem though is that SA sometimes screws up and
lives the line completely truncated by chaging  the message underneath
XMail.

To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe xmail" in the
body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For general help: send the
line "help" in the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]