-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Stig Østvang
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 9:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: Error sending mail to Sourceforge

To me it looks like the Sourceforge list is complaining that his mailserver=
=20
doesn't accept nullsender addresses (which there was a discussion about a=20
year ago to block nullsender to fight spam, and the consensus was that it=20
doesn't help much, breaks RFC and prevent bounces, just like the=20
Sourceforge server complains about). He said he had tried=20
"AllowNullSender"[TAB]"1"[NEWLINE], and it hadn't helped.

So Stephen, are you sure you had the syntax correct, with a real TAB and a=
=20
newline. Could also try to restart the server afterwards (unless you had=20
stopped the server before you edited the file)?

Stig

At 08:56 09.08.2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Yeah it looks to me like you are getting a failure when you are trying t
>send to the sourceforge mail list. It looks like their mail server is
>configured to NOT allow null senders, so you'll need to include your from
>email address. That's a setting in your MUA (the mail client program that
>you're using to write the email).
>
>-Seth

[EMAIL PROTECTED];Error=3D[550-Envelo=
pe