Davide, please re-read.
Rob :-)

-------------
Hi All,

There is an RFC which says that a mail server should be able to receive mail
addresses as follows:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Where 1.2.3.4 is the IP address of the mail server.

With a little configuration xmail does this.

BUT,
Xmail can't send mail of the type - let me explain.
I have just set up a customers M$ Exchange server to accept the domain
literals form of domain.
And tested via a manual telnet session to port 25, - all ok.

Then I went to my trusty MUA and sent a mail (via Xmail) to the same
address.
I then noticed that the mail was not emitting from my server.
Searching the spool folder, I see the message and a the log for it.
Here is an excerpt:

[PeekTime] 1063781087 : Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:44:47 +1000
<<
ErrCode   = -40
ErrString = Invalid server address
ErrInfo   = [203.xxx.xxx.xxx]
SMAIL SMTP-Send FF = "[203.xxx.xxx.xxx]" SMTP = "mydomain.com" From =
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" To = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" Failed !
SMTP-Error = "417 Temporary delivery error"
SMTP-Server = "[203.xxx.xxx.xxx]"

(Note the 203.xxx.xxx.xxx did have the real IP address)

Any thoughts.

Rob :-)