Hi,

If you are using Linux or FreeBSD you can edit CTRLSvr.cpp (line 304) and
POP3Svr.cpp (line 543) and remove password before compile.

Good Look!

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:

> On Saturday 29 November 2003 19:56, Michael Hauck wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I'm using XMail on my server and it runs very nicely. The only thing I
> > don't like is the output of the unencrypted password in the pop3 log and
> > when I use the userlist command in the CtrlClnt tool. I don't think the
> > admin has to know user passwords. Is there an easy way to change this? I
> > have had a look at the code but it's not very well documented (or I
> > simply missed the documentation...). I tried editing the CTRLDo_userlist
> > function but that didn't help.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > mike
> >

> Hi Mike,
>
> This was discussed at length on this list a few months ago. Many of us are
> concerned about XMail storing passwords in log files, particularly
> unencrypted ones. Davide's point is that the logs are only accessable by root
> so it doesn't make any difference if the log shows passwords. At this point
> my recommendation is: If you are concerned about this use Mike Howeth's
> system or any other configuration that gives those files additional
> protection.
>
> Jeff
>

> ---
> Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo e-mail protegido Arte Final
> Antivírus: F-Prot / Versão: 4.1.1 / Atualizado em: 28-Nov-2003
> Proteja o seu e-mail com a Arte Final - http://www.artefinal.com.br

Até mais,

---
Vitor Renato Alves de Brito - System Manager
Arte Final Provedor Internet - http://www.artefinal.com.br
Alfenas/Lavras - Sul de Minas Gerais

---