Is this error being generated by your mail server, or by a remote mail server?
At a guess, I'd say the error is being generated because the recipient
address is invalid (ie. malformed - contains embedded spaces or illegal
characters or something along those lines).

If you could show the full reject message, perhaps that would help someone
spot the problem...