Great, thank you.

I was wondering about the reverse DNS lookup that some mailservers do.

If my xmailserver has a default domain of mydomain.org and a reverse DNS =
lookup pointing to mydomain.org all is well.  But, if myseconddomain.org =
users send a message to a place that does reverse DNS lookups and it =
resolves back to mydomain.org, is it common for the receiving server to =
reject the message for relaying?

Just wondering...it strays from the intention of my original post and from =
the list.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Dale Qualls wrote:

> Hmmm, ok.
>=20
> I'm not even gonna try if you don't think it'll work :)
>=20
> I'm having the reverse DNS setup for the mydomain.org through the ISP =
=3D
> issuing the IPs.
>=20
> Will this affect my other domains on the server not being able to send =
=3D
> messages to hosts that do a reverse DNS lookup?  Such as myseconddomain.o=
rg=3D
>  and mythirddomain.org?

No, it is not your fault (at least if you are not handling ci.aurora.il.us)=
..