From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mircea Ciocan
Sent: 16 January 2004 16:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: Open Relay

Ben Ede wrote:

>HI,
>
>I've just set up xmail on a Redhat7.2 server. I've run a open relay
>check on it and unfortunately it has come back as saying there are
>vulnerabilities. I have used the 'out of the box' config. Can anyone
>point me in the right direction to sort out these probs?
>
>Thanks
>
>Ben

    Hi Ben,

    Go to /var/MailRoot and edit the file smtprelay.tab, delete
everything and put only this line:
"127.0.0.1"[TAB]"255.255.255.255"[CR]

[TAB] and [CR] must be the real characters from keyboard.

This will allow relay only from your machine ( localhost).
The other users will have to use authentication ( their full e-mail and
the password).
The mails for the domains you handle will arrive undisturbed.

    Mircea