David Byte pravi:
>Ok.. Maybe I need to phrase my question in a different manner..
>
>I am needing to have a 2 stage mail server setup where server1 will recieve
>all incoming mail, verify the recipient and forward it to the backend
>server.  The forwarding back needs to maintain the message content while
>adding appropriate delivery information for routing mail from an alias to
>the "Real" Account.  If I were a coding guru I could probably figure out how
>to do this on a linux server.  Anyone out there willing to take a shot?
>
>My thought is this.
>
>filers.in
>script to forward all mail out via SMTP to secondary server (providing
>aliases are resolved to the "real" account by this point.)
>let this instance of xmail think the mail was deleted.
>

>That or a lightweight MTA utilizing the xmail:ctrl protocol to manage
>resolving aliases to delivery account and forwarding email for valid
>recipients to backend server.
>
>Is there anyone willing to take on this challenge?  I have a few $$ set
>aside if someone can help out with this.
>
>David Byte
>Owner, Byte Computer Services

For this you don't need to use filters.in.tab. You can use custom domain
processing:

  CUSTOM DOMAIN MAIL PROCESSING

If a message that has as target domain of '*sub1.sub2.domain.net*'
arrives at the XMail server, '*AND*' XMail does not have a real domain
'*sub1.sub2.domain.net*' inside its domain list, XMail decides if this
domain gets a custom domain processing by trying to lookup:

 sub1.sub2.domain.net.tab
 .sub2.domain.net.tab
 .domain.net.tab
 .net.tab
 .tab

inside the '*custdomains*' directory.

If one of these files is found the incoming mail gets custom domain
processing by executing commands that are stored in such a file.

The format is:

 "command"[TAB]"arg-or-macro"[TAB]...[NEWLINE]

These tables store commands (internals or externals) that have to be
executed on the message file. The presence of one of these files is
optional and if none exist the default processing is applied to the
message via SMTP.

Each argument can be a macro also:

*@@FROM*
    the sender of the message
*@@RCPT*
    the target of the message
*@@FILE*
    the message file path (the external command '*must only read*' the
    file)
*@@MSGID*
    the (XMail unique) message id
*@@MSGREF*
    the reference SMTP message id
*@@TMPFILE*
    creates a copy of the message file to a temporary one. It can be
    used with 'external' command but in this case it's external
    program's responsibility to delete the temporary file.

Supported commands:

*[EXTERNAL]*

 "external"[TAB]"priority"[TAB]"wait-timeout"[TAB]"command-path"[TAB]=>
   "arg-or-macro"[TAB]...[NEWLINE]

    where:

*external*
    command keyword
*priority*
    process priority: 0 = normal -1 = below normal +1 = above normal
*wait-timeout*
    wait timeout for process execution in seconds: 0 = nowait

    Be carefull if using @@FILE to give the external command enough
    timeout to complete, otherwise the file will be removed by XMail
    while the command is processing. This is because such file is a
    temporary one that is deleted when XMail exits from file processing.

*[REDIRECT]*

 "redirect"[TAB]"domain-or-emailaddress"[TAB]...[NEWLINE]

    Redirect message to internal or external domain or email address. If
    the message was for [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the file
    custdomain.net.tab contains a line:

 "redirect"  "target-domain.org"

    the message is delivered to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

    While the line:

 "redirect"  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

    redirects the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*[LREDIRECT]*

 "lredirect"[TAB]"domain-or-emailaddress"[TAB]...[NEWLINE]

    Redirect the message to internal or external domain (or email
    address) impersonating local domain during messages delivery. If the
    message was for [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the file
    custdomain.net.tab contains a line:

 "redirect"  "target-domain.org"

    the message is delivered to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

    While the line:

 "redirect"  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

    redirects the message to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'. The difference
    between ``redirect'' and ``lredirect'' is the following. Suppose [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    sends a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED], that has a redirect to [EMAIL PROTECTED] With
    ``redirect'' [EMAIL PROTECTED] will see [EMAIL PROTECTED] has sender while with
``lredirect'' he
    will see [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*[SMTPRELAY]*

 "smtprelay"[TAB]"server[:port],server[:port],..."[NEWLINE]

    Send mail to the specified SMTP server list by trying the first, if
    that fails, the second and so on.

    Otherwise you can use this syntax:

 "smtprelay"[TAB]"#server[:port],server[:port],..."[NEWLINE]

    To have XMail random-select the order the specified relays.

*[SMTP]*

 "smtp"[NEWLINE]

    Do SMTP delivery.