--- Davide Libenzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Larry Azlin wrote:
>

> > --- Davide Libenzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Mr Larry Azlin wrote:
> > >
> > ....snip
> >
> > > They probably block outbound SMTP traffic but the one directed to
> > > their
> > > relay server. You need to use DefaultSMTPGateways (see doc).
> > >

> > > - Davide
> > >

> > > -
> > > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe xmail"
> in
> > > the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > For general help: send the line "help" in the body of a message
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >

> > Ok, I added the following line to my server.tab file:
> > "DefaultSMTPGateways"[TAB]"smtp.comcast.net"[RETURN]
> >
> > and restarted XMail, but no joy.  Messages sent from Outlook
> through
> > XMail don't arrive at their destination, messages sent from Outlook
> > directly to smtp.comcast.net get through just fine.
> >
> > Each time I send such a message through XMail, I get two entries in
> the
> > smtp log - one of which says "RCPT=OK", the next one says
> "RECV=OK".
> > Should I be seeing more?
>
> Look at the smail log.
>

> - Davide

Problem solved - at least sort of.  I changed DefaultSMTPGateways to be
the IP address corresponding to smtp.comcast.net, and am now able to
successfully send emails externally!  As long as comcast doesn't change
the mapping, I guess I'm ok - thanks for your help!

BTW, I don't have any smail log (at least not in the MailRoot/logs
folder) - only pop3, ctrl and smtp log files.  I'm running XMail with
the following command line:
/var/MailRoot/bin/XMail -Md -Pl -Sl -Fl -Cl -Ll
(and yes, those are lower-case L's)

Larry