From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Harald Schneider
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: SMTP Dialog Filter
Hooks

I see .. reading incoming DATA (including the header) and passing
control to an extenal thread while buiffers are still receiving can be
tricky. YOu're right. this one should be skipped and filtes should
generally be implemented after each server reply, except data:

EHLO
 --> AFTER_EHLO
MAIL FROM: ...
 --> AFTER_MAIL_FROM
RCPT TO: ...
 --> AFTER_RCPT_TO
DATA
From: ...
To: ...

Genrally, filters must not consume more time than a return from a
subroutine, which checks if a filter is plugged in. Filters should also
be able to overwrite XMail's resonses.

Davide, what do you think about that ?

--Harald