>Toby Reiter wrote:
>
>>Hey all,
>>I have Xmail 1.16 on Linux with SpamAssassin and ClamAntivirus
>>running with the standard filters for these programs (i.e. Lindeman's
>>AV filter and Don Drake's SA filter).
>>
>>In general, these filters work great, but recently we've been
>>noticing a few email messages that have been not filtered, I'll give
>>examples:
>>
>>a) Messages that are sent within our local network or that are being
>>SMTP Relayed through a server on our local network are being missed
>>by the AV filter or by both filters. Sometimes these messages will be
>>SA filtered without being AV filtered, but they are never just AV
>>filtered.
>>
>>b) Messages with encoding errors (usually b/c they have poorly
>>attached virus attachments) and which are being SA filtered but not
>>AV filtered
>>
>>c) In a few limited cases, a well-encoded message from outside the
>>network is SA filtered but not AV filtered.
>>
>>Does anyone have any ideas about this? Since the filters do work 75 -
>>85% percent of the time (or more) I don't really feel like going into
>>debug mode is necessarily going to help: I think this is more of a
>>"Why isn't this working in theory?" question than a syntax error in
>>one of my filter files.
>>
>>Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>Which filter runs first? Which versions of the filters are you running?

Hmmmm....you know what? I run SpamAssassin first, but I really should
switch it around (no reason to sa filter a message if it has a
virus).  I'll try that for a while and see what it does. Thanks for
the question.

I am using the latest versions of both scripts (as far as I know, anyway).

Toby
--
Toby Reiter                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Breezing Internet Communications     http://www.breezing.com