At 08:52 3/17/2004, Vitor Renato Alves de Brito wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Could somebody please help me with this error messages?
>
><<
>ErrCode   = -82
>ErrString = [RCPT TO:] not permitted by remote SMTP server
>ErrInfo   = 553 VERIFIQUE SE AS CONFIGURACOES PARA ENVIO DE MENSAGENS SAO
>AS
>MESMAS UTILIZADAS PARA O RECEBIMENTO (#5.7.1)
>SMAIL SMTP-Send FF = "yesbrasil.net" SMTP = "mailhost" From =
>"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" To = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" Failed !
>SMTP-Error = "553 VERIFIQUE SE AS CONFIGURACOES PARA ENVIO DE MENSAGENS
>SAO
>AS MESMAS UTILIZADAS PARA O RECEBIMENTO (#5.7.1)"
>SMTP-Server = "yesbrasil.net"
> >>

>and
>
><<
>ErrCode   = -82
>ErrString = [RCPT TO:] not permitted by remote SMTP server
>ErrInfo   = 451 <unknown[200.246.53.195]>: Client host rejected: Falha
>na autenticacao
>SMAIL SMTP-Send MX = "ns-3.idc.dglnet.com.br." SMTP = "mailhost" From =
>"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" To = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" Failed !
>SMTP-Error = "451 <unknown[200.246.53.195]>: Client host rejected: Falha
>na autenticacao"
>SMTP-Server = "ns-3.idc.dglnet.com.br."
> >>

>What really is 451 and 553 errors?
>
>Thanks

My Portuguese is very poor (about the BabelFish level...:) but if I'm
understanding these messages, the receiving server is requiring SMTP AUTH.

In the first case (the 553 error), it's saying you didn't provide any SMTP
AUTH (and it's asking you to ensure that your sending configuration is the
same as your receiving configuration - ie. that you have set up SMTP AUTH
when talking to their server - which would seem to be an error, as MTA to
MTA transfers shouldn't require SMTP AUTH unless you're smarthosting).

In the second case (the 451 error), it seems to be saying that you did
provide SMTP AUTH, but it failed.

As far as the "established meanings" of the 553 and 451 error codes, as
defined in the RFC:

553 = Action not taken, bad mailbox name, this is a permanent failure, do
not retry
451 = Aborted, error in processing, this is a temporary failure, please
retry later