> I can see the point for worms, but spammers can simply register throw away
> domains to spam from and set up SPF rules that allow all from that domain.
> Many spammers already strictly use throwaway domains. I really see the
> anti-spam war as very much like the anti-virus war, anything and
everything
> we do is designed to fight their current tactics, they evolve as quickly
as
> needed to get the job done, and now that there is some indication that
they
> are working together, it can only get worse.

I realize that spammers seem pretty relentless, but that is hardly a reason
for us to thrown in the towel and let them walk all over us.  If SPF forces
them to buy throw away domains, that is awesome.  That forces them to spend
more money than they spent so far by forging from addresses in existing
domains.  That is a step in the right direction if you ask me.  The really
low rent spammers will quit at that point, because they were finally forced
to buy something in order to peddle their trash.