From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Toby Reiter
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 10:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Filters off of Secondary MX?

All,
We have three XMail servers running in our office. One primary on
Linux, one secondary on Linux, and a tertiary server on a Windows NT
box. Let's call them mx1, mx2, and mx3.

Both Linux boxes have functional SpamAssassin filters running. The NT
box doesn't (and I'm not really all that interested in getting SA set
up on Windows, since that box is hardly ever used). Both backup mx
servers have custom domain processing to smtp-relay messages to the
primary mx.

Here's the problem: spammers frequently send messages to the mx3
server, which then gets relayed to mx1.  For some reason, email sent
from mx3 to mx1 is not being filtered by SA (normally blocked spam
gets through, and headers remain unchanged). Just to be clear --
SpamAssassin works great on my system, no hitches other than this
one. What is weird is that my antivirus filter does get triggered.
This is not sporadic behavior -- SA never triggers for mail from mx3.

Can anyone think of why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance,
Toby

--
Toby Reiter                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Breezing Internet Communications     http://www.breezing.com