On Mon, 24 May 2004, [iso-8859-1] S=F6nke Ruempler wrote:

> > How did you drop files in?
>=20
> With your sendmail binary :-)

File names inside the spool/local directory are hashed and the value is=20
"moduled" to the number of LMAIL threads. Each LMAIL thread has a unique=20
ID (0, ..., N) and it touches only file names whole modules hash is equal=
=20
to its thread ID.

> >> Remember, we still have the growing RSS yet, LD_ASSUME_KERNEL does
> >> not he=3D lp. Another thingy is that i can't shutdown XMail via the
> >> .shutdown file. XMa=3D il begins to stop (it no longer accepts
> >> connections or sends out mails) but =3D the processes don't terminate.
> >> I have to use 'killall XMail'.=20
> >=20
> > I told you. I ran XMail on valgrind, and it did not show any leak=3D20
> > whatsoever. You can replicate the test if you want.
>=20
> Yes, I can do that. Please gimme the parameters you ran XMail.

Download valgrind:

http://valgrind.kde.org/downloads.html

Edit the file include/vg_skin.h and set VG_N_THREADS to 1000 and=20
VG_N_THREAD_KEYS to 1000. Then build and install. Then:

# valgrind --skin=3Daddrcheck XMail -Md ...

Let it run for a while. Note that it will be slower, but IMO acceptable.=20
then report to me. We did not find anything major last time we ran it.