From: Brian Jackson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 6:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: Reusing open connections

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:07:25 +0200, =3DD7=3DA0=3DD7=3D95=3DD7=3DA8 =
=3DD7=3D93=3DD7=3D90=3DD7=3D95=3D
=3DD7=3D93 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David,
>=3D20
> But why fail the first time? Nonetheless, there's a clear ESMTP =
protocol =3D
=3D3D
> to address exactly this problem. You save bandwidth, save resources on =
=3D
=3D3D
> the SMTP server and G-d knows what else.
>=3D20
> My C++ knowledge is pretty rusty or else I would have done this =
myself. =3D
=3D3D
> Haven't touched a C code for years now. How hard would it be to code =
it =3D
=3D3D
> anyway? It's part of the ESMTP standard, and XMAIL is supposedly a =
ESMTP =3D
=3D3D
> compliant server...

It's an ESMTP extension called piplining. I don't know of many of the
most popular mta's that support it, so it's probably not that much of
a win to implement it.

--iggy

>=3D20
> Noor