Davide Libenzi wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, kalinga wrote:
>

>>when we send an email to Gmail.com, xmail replies postmaster with and error
>>msg..
>>

>>[<02>] The reason of the delivery failure was:
>>
>>451 SMTP protocol violation, see RFC 2821
>>

>>[<03>] Note:
>>

>>does anybody have idea on rectifing this issue..?
>>

>These are the GMail MTAs that are reporting the message. Likely you
>either have a filter that rewrites the message by either with LF line
>termination, or your messages contain very loooong lines and the remote
>server complains.
>

>- Davide
>
>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe xmail" in
>the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For general help: send the line "help" in the body of a message to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm not so sure about that. I have the same issue with Baldwin-Wallace
College <http://www.bw.edu/> a little while back. So i disabled all
filters and just tryed send a test email with 4 short lines in it. And
it still returned that error.

Now i will say it finally stopped about 1 week ago. After having this
issue for 3 months. And I've changed nothing here, and acorrding to BW
they didn't change anything either (I really don't beleave them)

Ps. I never reported this, Due to it really only being 1 email server I,
had issues with.

-- Chris L. Franklin --