Hello all,

I'm new to XMail and I'm trying to understand the message filters.
I have edited filters.in.tab:

  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"        "*"     "*"     "*"     "hotmail.tab"

and I have create hotmail.tab in the filters directory:

  "/hd/MailRoot/scripts/hotmail.sh"        "@@FROM"        "@@RFROM"

The hotmail.sh script looks like this:
  ------------------------------------
  #!/bin/sh

  echo $1 >> /test.txt
  echo $2 >> /test.txt

  return 0
  ------------------------------------

However, the filter is never fired. Here's a piece from the debug
output:
  SMTP client connection from [64.4.27.27]
  SMAIL local SMTP = "vanriel.xs4all.nl" From = <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To = <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  SMTP client exit [64.4.27.27]

As you can see, no filter is triggered and no error is logged. What am
I overlooking here? The mail gets delivered locally though but no
output is written to the test.txt file.

When I execute the script manually it runs and writes to the output
file test.txt.

All tabs a *real* tabs. The script has execution rights. Each line in
the .tab files is terminated by <LF>

Platform: Linux-i686

--
Best regards,
 Henri                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]