I put that in my /usr/sbin/sendmail script, but now it returns:
cannot move file: /etc/xmail/spool/temp/1102170900000.18439.omikron.xmail

The directory /etc/xmail is my MailRoot and /etc/xmail/spool symlinks to
/var/spool/xmail, in which reside directories numbered 1-22 and a
directory named temp, all with permissions root:root 700

What am I missing?