Liron, an assumption is just that, do not risk production emails on them.

I would create a local account to see if it is needed (ie. To see if any
emails go there)
I would also send test emails to the domain pop account with bogus
user@<yourdomain.com> to see what happens.

You could of course set up a test lab.  Create an xmail system on another
PC, then setup an account, with multiple other accounts redirecting their
email to it.  Send some test emails to them. (point your MUA directly to it
via ip address) and you have a domain POP account.
Then go to your existing xmail server and setup popsync with the ip address
of the lab xmail.
Setup the test users and see how you go.

Once you know how it works, you can safely let it lose on the production
environment.
Of course, please let us know of your findings.

HTH
Rob :-)

Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later...