I put it on this a.m., we'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks!
>>> davidel@xmailserver.org 1/6/2005 2:30 PM >>>
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Dale Qualls wrote:

> I'm seeing this error (filter error (-5)) in the /var/log/messages
log
> on many messages. When this happens the server locks up and we have
> reboot it, quickly ssh into it, kill xmail and spamd.

Yesterday, while implementing the new filter features, I found an error

triggered when a filter execution fails. In versions < 1.21-pre04, I
was
freeing the filters strings array, and then log the operation, that was

printing one of those strings (index 0). This might trigger crashes in

case another thread immediately re-allocate the same location between
the
free and the log time. Try 1.21-pre04 ...

The preceding message and any attachments may contain confidential
information protected by the attorney-client or other privilege.  If you
believe that it has been sent to you in error, please reply to the sender
that you received the message in error and then delete it.  Nothing in
this email message, including the typed name of the sender and/or this
signature block, is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless
a specific statement to the contrary is included in the message.