On Wednesday 19 January 2005 16:44, Jeff Buehler wrote:
> Under FreeBSD the existing port is way out of date (version 1.8 or
> something like that), so the simple (and I think proper) approach I use
> is to:
>
> 1. download the distro from the "official" xmail site and compile it
> 2. put a start/stop script at /usr/local/etc/rc.d (this may differ for
> netBSD or openBSD)
>
> in case this is helpful.  It may be to *BSD users who generally
> anticipate an up-to-date port.  I have been considering maintaining a
> port for FreeBSD but haven't gotten a sensible time block together yet.

Does the standard XMail init script work on BSD systems? If so, then my
instructions for building your own binary should also work for BSD. If you
have a moment, take a look at
http://www.ubaight.com/xmail/BeginnersGuide.html#BasicSetup and see if these
instructions work. You can send me any changes at [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thanks.

Jeff