In config.php in Uebimiau set the following:
$use_password_for_smtp  = yes;

That will enable SMTP AUTH in your webmail.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jeff Buehler
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 11:33 AM
To: xmail@xmailserver.org
Subject: [xmail] Re: SMTP Before POP3 and Greylisting

Here is what I have (when active) in filters.pre-data.tab:

"!aex"    "/server/MailRoot/bin/glst"    "--mfile"    "@@FILE"

Everything works properly when accessing from a Windows platform via
Mozilla Thunderbird, but not from an OS X platform running the provided
email client (called, I think, "Mail").

The other problem (which I neglected to mention) for me, and this is
expected I'm sure, is with using web-based email with "Uebimiau", which
I wouldn't expect to do persistent pop3 verification.  Unless there is a
way to do this, I decided it was probably getting to be time to bite the
bullet and instruct my users to set up SMTP authentication.

Jeff
**