-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of CLEMENT Francis
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 5:45 AM
To: 'xmail@xmailserver.org'
Subject: [xmail] Re: First time with Xmail

> Hello

> First at all verify connectivity with xmail ctrl port 6017 :

> snip......

> Francis

Francis, I think you are overthinking my problem. The first mistake you made
was assuming I know what I'm doing! (Well, maybe a little!) The windows
email server is still up and running at the IP address that "mydomain.org"
resolves to, and the linux box is on another static IP temporarily, until I
know what I'm doing with Xmail.

So, when the instructions said "mydomain.org", I dutifully put in my
particular "mydomain.org". After thinking about your questions and seeing
where you where going with them, I realized I needed a "-s 'current temp
IP'" to test the basic functioning, and presto, it executed without any
error messages. Ditto deleting a domain, and adding a user. So thanks for
the nudge in the right direction.

Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into it, but I'm expecting to see a couple
of setup issues like on my windows server, such as the Default Domain Name
Server for MX Resolution, and the Remote Mail Server (the isp's smtp
server). Where should I be looking for this kind of setup, or should I just
be quiet and keep following Jeff's directions, and I'll get there
eventually?

Art