A stateful firewall (Cisco, Nortel...) might help, try asking=20
your ISP as someone else pointed.

Dario

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] =
Per
conto di Mike Harrington
Inviato: mercoled=EC 2 marzo 2005 21.41
A: xmail@xmailserver.org
Oggetto: [xmail] 110% off topic

Sorry guys, this is COMPLETELY off topic.  Does anyone know if there are =
any
counter measures to a denial of service attack?

Three websites that I manage are the target of a new strain of the bagle
virus which attempts to download a bogus image from the website.  The =
server
can handle the traffic (so far) but the log files are growing at an =
insane
rate which will fill up the hard drives in a matter of days.  =
Additionally,
the virus is also trying to brute force its way onto the server by =
guessing
usernames / passwords.

I'm really sorry for being so far off topic, but I've completely used up =
my
ideas of who to ask for help.

-Mike