Greetings all,
 I have several *BSD servers running and I was hoping to implement
Xmail as a replacement for the sendmail server that is running on them
now. So I am wondering (having not yet tried it) if there is a Linux
version of Xmail. And if so, why not run it on BSD with Linux
compatibility enabled (starting the OS with the Linux ABI). I realize
this is not a long term solution. But seems as though it might be an
answer in the short term.

Just a thought.

--Chris

> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Dofri Jonsson wrote:
>
>> I had the same problem with KQUEUEs in FreeBSD, although I had no idea
>> what
>> the reason was until decker's post.
>>
>> So I did as he suggested and recompiled without libc_r and ran XMail,
>> which
>> crashed about twenty hours later producing this unhelpful backtrace:
>
> Guys, XMail is multi-threaded, and non reentrant functions are gonna crash
> it. XMail uses directly the reentrant version of those functions (*_r())
> and I hoped that using explicitly those function would avoid the linkage
> of libc_r. But it seems that the std libc, instead of sanely implement the
> reentrant functions, just wrap them with the non reentrant version. Please
> link against

libc_r and ask ask a fix of the libc library to BSD dudes.