On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Adrian Hicks wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> We've had problems sending to the cibt.edu domain.
>
> I've tested & the mx record exists and I can telnet to it, however when I
> attempt to send a message that way (telnet) I get a relay disabled & auth
> required response below (note that I've removed the recipient address).
>
> When I try the same address from my Yahoo account the message gets through
> ok (have had a reply from the recipient).
>
> I've tried several options including changing the helo response from our
> side, & changing the address I telnet to (cibt.edu & mail.cibt.edu are the
> same machine) however still get the relay disabled etc. response.

Nice .edu, you'd rather not send your kids there, especially to that RFC
class ;)

; <<>> DiG 9.2.3 <<>> cibt.edu mx
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cibt.edu.                      IN      MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
cibt.edu.               4200    IN      MX      10 202.205.11.25.