In fact, it is 'normal' ...
On your xmail server your two interfaces are in the same network.
Windows (seems to ?) allways use the smallest ip assigned ...
So it will allways use .4, except when you disable the interface.

Note that xmail -Sp 25 direct xmail to 'listen' for incoming =
connexions.
Choice for outgoing connexions are done at os level. (don't know if it =
is
possible to force by program to use a specific ip)

You could try to set a different network for the current .66 xmail =
interface
and set default route to the pix ONLY on this interface.
Doing so, windows will not have the choice when it want to connect to =
ip's
not in your local network.
You will need to configure the pix too to translate the new xmail ip to =
the
good .51 external ip.

PS: I don't exactly understand why you put two interfaces on the xmail
server ...

Francis

Intranet.
>=20
> I am running XMail on a Dual Pentium nachine with half a Gig=20
> - so she is
> screaming.  But my problem is it also has two NIC ports.  One=20
> is set up
> for the Internet thru the PIX firewall - 192.168.144.66 and=20
> the other has
> all the M$ stuff for the internal network - 192.168.144.4.
>=20
> Any guesses where XMail sends out all the outbound emails to????  =
Yup.