On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Jeff Buehler wrote:

> /-- I think you may be meaning me when you say "Edlinilson"./
>
> No, I meant Edinilson.  He has the same config as Francis, has what
> appears to be exactly the same behavior, has verified that MS SMTP works
> where XMail fails, and so on.
>
> You may be a third person seeing exactly the same behavior - your
> previous two emails that I read discussing greenbaycc.org and
> intergraonline.com seemed to be something else completely.  There was
> another one you sent that said you were seeing an A record problem as
> well, but you didn't send any info about your configuration - type of
> system, whether or not it was with everyone (as it sounds like it is) or
> just Hotmail and Yahoo (which, so far, seems to be the problem that
> Francis and Edinilson are specifically having).  Little differences like
> that can easily mean that it is two entirely different problems.
>
> You probably mentioned some of this in one of the previous threads, but
> neither my memory nor my datastore go back that far, so:
>
> What is your configuration (win 2000, Linux, what DNS, etc.)?  You're
> problem sounds like XMail is using A records periodically when it should
> be using MX records - this has been verified?  It happens with other
> domains periodically or consistently?  Are Hotmail and Yahoo noticeably
> suspect, or just as likely to fail as others?

There are two issues that has been reported. One is a DNS issue, where
XMail pukes on misconfigured DNS. The version I posted yesterday
implements a fall-back to non-authoritative name servers in case the
authoritative one is wrong. Now both greenbaycc.org and intergraonline.com
resolve fine.
The other issue is the hotmail one (not really hotmail related though),
where long/strange responses case make the pieces in the middle choke.
Since I (and thousands of other XMail setups) never reported the issue
(also, my GF has an hotmail account, so I think I'm positive I have no
issues ;), I am very sure that it is not XMail related.