On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Midnight Oil wrote:
>
> >   I've installed XMail 1.22 on a Sparc machine running Solaris 8. The
> > initial install was in /var/MailRoot, but we moved the tree over to
> > /xmail/MailRoot.
> >
> >   Is there a way to configure xmail server to log the pop, smtp, and ctrl
> > connections to /xmail/MailRoot/logs?
> >
> >   It's logging nothing there at the moment, and I can't find anything in
> > the documentation which allows me to specify a log location.
>
> If you did define MAIL_ROOT correctly, you'll find logs in the proper
> place. Otherwise XMail will still be using /var/MailRoot.

    Davide,

    We do have MAIL_ROOT defined in the startup script:

XMAIL_ROOT=/xmail/MailRoot

    But nothing is being logged there.

    I thought it may be a permissions problem, but when I run truss on
the xmail daemon, I see no evidence in the dump that it is trying to write
to the logs directory. Any idea why that might be, or where I can go from
here? I can provide you with the truss dump if that would be helpful.

    Thanks for any help you can offer!

    - Jamie

> - Davide

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (89% of Full)