The simple is DefaultSMTPGateways ...

The related xmail doc part for outgoing smtp auth is 'SMTP CLIENT
AUTHENTICATION'
(http://www.xmailserver.org/Readme.html#smtp_client_authentication)

So, if I don't make mistakes (Davide correct me if I'm wrong...), here is a
example :

Suppose the isp smtp server to use systematicaly for outgoing mail from your
xmail server is named 'smtp.myisp.com'
- First set DefaultSMTPGateways to 'smtp.myisp.com' in server.tab :

DefaultSMTPGateways[tab]"smtp.myisp.com

- Second, create a file names 'smtp.myisp.com.tab' in your
<xmailroot>/userauth/smtp structure

- Then in this file, depending of the isp authentication method needed, use
one (and only one) of the following lines :

"plain"[tab]"username_to_use"[tab]"password_to_use"

"login"[tab]"username_to_use"[tab]"password_to_use"

"cram-md5"[tab]"username_to_use"[tab]"password_to_use"

Bye

Francis