Paul,

Short answer - *As far as I know* Xmail's pop3 retrieval does *not*
natively support SSL. This means you'd have to use an external SSL
provider (such as stunnel).

A more detailed answer is somewhat beyond my capabilities, as I use
stunnel for inbound (server-type) connections, not for outbound. But I
do know stunnel can support outbound (client-type) connections - and I
*think* there was an example on their site on how to set it up (but it's
been over a year since I was there, so....)

Tracy