Davide

I have just a question about the greeting and md5 challenge :

When doing a dnsreports.com on one of my domains, on 'Mail server host name
in greeting' test, dnsreports says :

------------
WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than
what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a
space or a dash, then the host name). If your mailserver sends out E-mail
using this domain in its EHLO or HELO, your E-mail might get blocked by
anti-spam software. This is also a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and
RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should
have an A record pointing back to the same server. Note that this one test
may use a cached DNS record.

mx.groupeab.com claims to be non-existent host
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
220 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [XMail 1.22 ESMTP Server] service
ready; Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:21:45 +0200

As they state that this could be a problem with some anti-spam softwares,
are they true saying this is a RFC technical violation ?
Or dnsreport don't take in account another paragraph or rfc about smtp MD5
auth ?

In case dnsreport statement is true, is there a alternative 'greeting
response' format that will do both conformence to referenced rfc's and md5
auth ?

You opinion ?

Francis