When doing pop3 from a MUA (user software used to 'pop3' mails from the
server) the final destination of the 'poped' mails is the responsability of
the MUA.
Xmail <xmailroot>/domains/... is the temporary location where xmail stores
the mails received via smtp and waiting for a pop3 MUA to retrieve them, not
the final location in the user MUA.

So, the question is : where normaly the pop3 client software stores the
'poped' mails ?

Or do you mean that you tried to use xmail feature 'pop3links' to retrieve
pop3 mails from another pop3 server ?

Francis