Erwin,

1.
The  "Error: The RCPT command failed. The specified account does not exist"
It might be that you need to specify the full email address as the username.
Try using your MUA (outlook express etc) to send smtp auth mail using the
userid that you wanted in the scripts.
When you have that working, go back to your scripts and add it in there
correctly.
You might create a different user for each script so you can identify emails
from different scripts, not just by IP address.

2.
All the scripts failing would be correct with no relaying configured.
If your scripts are sending to ip address 10.10.10.99 then until you have #1
fixed,
just have smtp-relay.tab with "10.10.10.99" "255.255.255.255" (remember the
tab between the fields).
If your scripts are sending to ip address 127.0.0.1 then until you have #1
fixed,
just have smtp-relay.tab with "127.0.0.1" "255.255.255.255" (remember the
tab between the fields).

3.
Changing from 213.160.217.191 to 213.160.217.171 should not be a problem,
however you need to understand what you are doing.
That is a NAT issue on some firewall.  You will also need to update dns mx
records, etc etc.
It will in effect remove you from the CBL, but that will only be until your
new IP is listed because you have not addressed the root cause yet.

4.
What did you find in your logs?
Anything abnormal from IPs other than 10.10.10.99?
Your scripts on the server - are they webforms where email can be sent? (you
know, "contact us" forms)
There are known vulnerabilities in some web forms where they are used to
send spam.
I'd check if the volume of emails from your scripts is abnormally high.

The problem you have is not to do with xmail (unless you've made it an open
relay).
The problem will be in your scripts or some other source of emails.
Your logs will have the answers, analyze them !!

To check if your xmail is an open relay, use the following test.
>From the xmail server, telnet to: relay-test.mail-abuse.org
The server there will open a connection to tcp/25 on the ip address that you
are sending from and issue a dozen or so relay tests.
The progress is issued back to your telnet session.
This needs to report a closed relay.

Rob :-)

Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later...