Use of DynDNS is required, yes as how the xmail2 server revolve the xmail1
'changing' ip ...

But to trigger the xmail2 server quicker that wayting next 'retry' you can
use etrn.

After reviewing RFC 1985 (etrn extension), it seems that the real process
stated at the server side receiving the ETRN command is 'Server dependant'
(nothing sayd in rfc1985 that the server have to use the mx record, ....)
The xmail doc about the smtp etrn implementation is 'nothing' :-|

In 'classic' implementations, the mx is never used as the mx is generally
the server receiving the etrn command ...
Generaly the argument to the etrn command tells the server what to do
(client name or key, domain name, ..) then the server processing the etrn
command do a lookup in a 'etrn' table to find the final host to connect to
and what to send to it (domain name, sub domain, ...) eventually with
security infos (as send in ssl, verify that HELO/EHLO is ..., use auth to
send, ...)

I think Davide could explain the exact process when xmail receives a etrn
command (arg expected and syntax, and meaning, ..., where xmail find the
final destination host name or ip for the etrn, ..) :)

Francis