No idea, but try to see if a .rej file is created on xav exit.
To do this, use an ecar message file and start manually xav on it =
(using
good syntax) then verify if the .rej is created by xav.
If created, then it could is a problem in xmail but check xmail smail =
logs
and spool
If not, you can have a permission problem from xav on the temp dir used =
by
xmail (the .rej file need to be in the same dir as the original @@FILE)

Notice that, imoo, sending a ndr on infected mails is not a good think =
as
99% infected mails are send by viruses so 99% if the ndr will go to =
final
users that never send any infected mail :|
If you anti-spam software checks for spam before av filtering and do a =
very
good job (with spf this is easy), the total of infected mails to scan =
can be
drasticaly reduced then sending a ndr is not a problem.
Here, we decided to remove any infected mail without ndr to reduce =
traffic.

>Emmanuel=20
>
>=20
>
>Ps: Sorry for my poor English.